Monday, February 21, 2011

Phase 1: Acquire 10' satellite dish and transport home

Here's how this phase works. I need to find a dish as close as possible to my parents house, for as little cost as possible, and with as little hassle as possible. I then need to transport this bad boy to my parents house.

Here's how it worked out. I found an older gentleman that had one in his back yard who was thrilled that I was willing to haul away this thing he had to mow around every week for free. He told me he had paid over $4500 for it and the equipment many years ago when c-band was still popular. He told me he would let the dish go for free, but he wanted $20 or $25 for the electronics used to control it.

That weekend my dad brought his trailer over and we disassembled the dish and brought it home. It was a really nice day out which made things nice.


That's actually mold on there. Yeah, gross. I did power wash it off which helped a lot!

I said it was a nice day out :).







No comments:

Post a Comment